Would you like to work for a family run business who pride themselves on their products, their work ethic and who values their employees? Would you like to be part of a busy and friendly team?
MHT Foods are a growing family-run business with two food production sites in Market Harborough. One site is a bakery offering a range of hand-crafted multi-portion loaf cakes, slab cakes, and tray bakes, the second site produces high-quality preserves, chutneys, pickles, and condiments.
We have an immediate start for a team member for our preserves site Monday to Friday (42.5 hrs per week) with some Saturday mornings required during busy production periods. Initially, the role will be 13:45 – 22:15 (due to COVID) but the permanent hours will be confirmed.
This position would suit someone with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under their own initiative as well as part of a team. You will need to be flexible and able to cover other parts of the business. You need to be honest, reliable, and punctual.
Food production experience would be an advantage although full training will be provided.
- With training, produce and fill/pack the MHT range of products
- Be fully conversant with all recipes and ingredients
- Understand and complete all technical paperwork on food safety and carry out quality checks
- Adhere to strict procedures, instructions and methods
- Pack and label orders when required
- Operate the packing, labelling and production machinery
- Wear all protective clothing as required (jewellery, piercings and artificial nails must be removed)
- Tidy and clean production areas, equipment and warehouse
- Must be able to understand written and spoken English in order to fully understand food safety procedures
- Must be able to work at speed with accuracy at all times
- Must be able to lift up to 10kg
- Be multi-skilled across both sites
- Must be able to work a minimum of 4 Saturdays during our peak times July to November
Rewards and benefits
- Excellent rate of pay – £9.51 p/h
- Free on-site parking available
- Site easily accessible by bus and train
- Bike store
- Full training provided
- Free tea and coffee
- Staff rest room
- Friendly environment
- Overtime opportunities
- Staff purchase scheme
- 4-weekly pay
- 30 days holidays (including bank holidays)
- Option to purchase 3 additional days holiday
- Employer pension contributions
- Christmas shutdown